social & environmental responsibility
Vila d´este and it`s team of employees feel pleased to dedicate time and effort, through various actions, so that our society and environment can be respected and valued.
The goal is to achieve self-sustainability by sharing this philosophy with our staff, their families and the community, while we serve responsibly our guests.
Some of our actions:
- All apartments use sunlight as their primary source of energy, collected by solar panels.
- All apartments have water and energy saving devices.
- Tanks for rain water collection, to be used for cleaning external areas and garden watering.
- Use of biodegradable cleaning materials.
- Selective garbage collection.
- Partnerships with NGOs in the region, focused on taking care of children and drug addicts, with periodic donations of bedding & bath clothes, furniture and food.
- Team awareness, through lectures on environmental liability, and inclusion of awards for the sectors that are experiencing better results on natural resource savings goals.
- Monitoring the operational dynamics by environmental engineers.
- Guests’ awareness for water savings and bedding & bath clothes reduced wash.
- All the hotel pools have ionization treatment, which reduces by 90% the dump of chemicals in the environment.
Simple and effective attitudes meaning that through individual and collective actions, we can make a difference!